This weekend’s Easter message …
- Came from Mark 16:1-8;
- Hinged on NINE references to Jesus in the space of a verse and a half;
- Had its origins in my thoughts that many people careen from one life event to another, propelled by nothing more than their newest desire, latest impulse, or most recent outrage;
- Had a French moment involving raison d’etre;
- Landed at this bottom line: Your why is really a who;
- Was preached to this family (Natalie Davis, Riley Davis, Julie Davis, Taylor Davis, and Nate Underwood).
It can be sort of difficult, even on Easter Sunday, when you, as they say lose your way. Lord, I remember as a kid we piled into our car to drive from Dallas TX to Austin TX, which really isn’t very difficult since there are essentially no turns for four hours! But anyway, somehow my mom made a wrong turn in Waco – WACO! – thinking we were taking a new scenic route, and the next thing we knew we were in this strange place called Mineola TX and stuck in a gulch. I was absolutely convinced we would run out of gas and because YOU KNOW the next step after running out of gas is instant death, I’m just balling. We Davises had lost our way. Apparently we neither ran out of gas nor died, because here I am and there my mom still is, going strong at 102.